Towards building learning organizations
Mphasis | Pilot | ₹ 12,00,000
Create a mechanism by which an organisation can making meaning out the large volume of semantic (training related) content and help offer curated content to its employees.
Due to the disruptive nature of emerging technologies and modified structures for communication and collaboration, the model of work organisation that we know today, will transaform and continue to do so in the years to come, and COVID will further force these changes more quickly. This will have far-reaching implications on business value creation, business models, downstream services and work allocation and organisation. As a consequence, employees will be confronted with transformed work processes, new business models and new technologies. Given the pace of change and the constant pressure to adapt, leaders will have to invest significant time in building the organisation of the future supplemented with ecosystems and networks to play support roles.
This transformation of the work environment will change job profiles and therefore require employees to be up skilled/re-skilled in a wide range of competencies. By promoting continued learning and development as part of its company culture, a business can boost employee job satisfaction, remain competitive and increase its bottom line by bringing out the full potential of an existing workforce
Practitioners and researchers also agree that the key challenge lies in competency development for students and employees seeking jobs that require higher education.
Agility will be crucial in the race to be competitive – ability to create tools/material for learning and personalised learning. Online re-skilling will play a significant role.
The current online training contents are designed not fully considering students’ IQ, learning styles, learning environments, and learning strategies. It assumes one size fits all and in most cases in prescribes a path for learning.
Organisations and Institutions have access to lot of training content that has been internally created or is available in open domain.
How might we create a mechanism by which an organisation can making meaning out the large volume of semantic (training related) content and help offer curated content to its employees?
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
A Solution Pilot that helps an organization’s Learners Navigate as per their needs, to up-skill or reskill themselves.
- An Innovative approach that emphasises on diagnosis of learners’ engagement, learning patterns and behaviour; prediction of learners’ learning performance; treatment and prevention with teachers’ timely intervention.
- A Solution that balances Scale, Personalisation and Social Interactions for the learner.
- A Solution that improves learning quality and learning performance.
- A Solution that helps in social interactions and more effective social learning by bringing experts and learners together
POSSIBLE USE CASES
Use Case 1 – An organisation has a collection of content/material for training for a particular skill enhancement. The product will analyse the contents and recommend the grouping of competencies and the various pathways that a learner could possibly take. This will help in curation of online training course.
Use Case 2 – A learner chooses a course to learn. He/she can choose any of the learning pathways that they feel will help them best. As they learn, they will be shown on a competency map where they stand and what more they may need to learn.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
Typically, we offer:
- 4,00,000 of prize money if the challenge involves building a Proof-of- Concept
- 8,00,000 if the challenge involves trying out a PoC and building a Pro- totype
- 12,00,000 if the challenges involves creating a Prototype and rolling out a limited Pilot at customer locations
Given that this challenge involves a “Pilot Rollout”
- 12,00,000 of prize money for the winner of this challenge (see Award Model below).
- Access to a progressive, small & medium enterprise (SME) to test a promising solution and demonstrate viability, in collaboration with IIITB-IMACX team.
- A successful solution provider could potentially sell their solution at various SMEs, around the world.
The Applicants shall be evaluated in accordance with the evaluation criteria set out below.
- Solution Fit:
- To what extent does the proposed solution address the problem statement effectively?
- Solution Readiness:
- How ready is the proposed solution to go to the market?
- Is there any evidence to suggest capacity to scale?
- Solution Advantage:
- Is the solution truly innovative?
- Does it make use of new technologies in the market, and can it po- tentially generate new IP?
- Company Profile:
- Does the product have user and revenue traction?
- Do the team members possess strong scientific/technical back- ground?
30% of the prize money will be awarded to each selected finalist at the start of the POC / Prototype development / Pilot process, with the remainder 70% to be awarded in stages (typically in 3 tranches) during the entire life- cycle of the challenge, based on milestones agreed between IIITB-IMACX and the solver.
Tranche-1: 30%, upon Start of the Challenge Tranche-2: 30%, after meeting Milestone-1 Tranche-3: 30%, after meeting Milestone-2
Tranche-4: 10%, upon completion of all Challenge Objectives
Note that the finalist(s) who is (are) selected to undertake the PoC / Proto- type development / Pilot Rollout will be required to enter into an agreement with IIITB-IMACX. Such an agreement will include more detailed conditions pertaining to the execution of the challenge.
All submissions must be made by 15 May 2020, 2100 hours (IST /GMT+530). IIITB-IMACX may extend the deadline of the submission at its dis- cretion. Late submissions will not be considered.
The selected finalist(s) will be announced by 15 Jun 2020.
Submit your solution ⇢
For further queries, Contact IIITB Office of Research(ORA) : email@example.com
© 2021 IMACX / IIIT Bangalore